CONCERN is seeking a Medical Transcriptionist for our Wellsboro, PA location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Listen to the recorded dictation of a doctor or other healthcare professional.
- Transcribe and interpret the dictation into diagnostic test results, operative reports, referral letters, and other documents.
- Submit health records for supervisor to approve.
- Identify inconsistencies, errors, and missing information within a report that could compromise patient care.
- Translate medical abbreviations and jargon into the appropriate long form.
- Enter medical reports into electronic health records systems.
- Follow patient confidentiality guidelines and legal documentation requirements.
- Follow up with the healthcare provider to ensure the accuracy of the reports.
- Must become familiar with medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, diagnostic procedures, pharmacology, and treatment assessments.
- $12 -$15 /Hour
Other Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Employer Funded Pension Plan
- 403b Tax Deferred Annuity Plan
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience:
- High School or equivalent
- One year of related experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are not qualified to apply for the opening.
Before filling out the below form, please download and fill our Application Form PDF.
You can submit the application one of three ways:
- Download and fill in the attached Application Form PDF and upload here...
- Download and complete the application and mail to:
ATTN: HR Resumes
1 West Main Street
Fleetwood, PA 19522
- Download and complete the application and email it to