Are you looking to encourage growth and promote positive healthy lives? CONCERN is a non-profit human services organization dedicated to providing child welfare, juvenile justice, and behavioral health services to children and their families. Since 1978, CONCERN has brought hope, offered opportunity, and inspired change in the communities that we serve.
Concern is seeking Behavioral Health Technicians for the following counties in Pennsylvania: Lehigh and Northampton. Reporting directly to the Clinical Supervisor, the BHT works closely with a Behavior Consultant and/or Mobile Therapist to give one-on-one behavioral therapy according to the client’s treatment plan. The BHT’s goal is to pass on abilities to the child/youth/young adult and his or her caregiver(s) in a variety of settings including the home, school, and community depending on where the need is determined for a given client. Interventions are delivered in a manner that promote appropriate behaviors and may include positive behavior reinforcement; modeling for client, caregivers and school staff; and helping to establish routine and structure.
Education and Experience
• LEVEL 1:
a. High school diploma or equivalent AND completed a 40-hour training covering the RBT Task List as evidenced by a certification that includes the name of the trainer with a BCBA or BCaBA certification.
• LEVEL 2:
a. Minimum of 2 years experience in provision of behavioral health services.
• LEVEL 3:
a. Certified as a Board-Certified Assistant Behavior Analysis (BCaBA), Registered Behavior Technician (RBT), or Board-Certified Autism Technician (BCAT);
b. Possess a behavior health certification or behavior analysis certification.
• Passes required clearances.
• Owns a valid driver’s license and able to travel as needed.
• Uses “typical” office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, faxes, copier/scanners, and phones with a basic proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Displays strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with an excellent attention to detail.
• Exhibits excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills with the ability to be a team player and build relationships as well as be effective independently.
• Demonstrates resourceful, proactive approaches to problem-solving and strong decision-making capabilities as well as forward thinking skills that actively seek opportunities and propose solutions.
• Handles confidential information with discretion, adapts to various competing demands and offers a high quality of customer service and quick response.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implements planned one-on-one or joint family interventions for a child, youth or young adult at home, school, community-based program or community setting as indicated in the treatment plan.
• Supports, re-educates and trains parents and other adults responsible for the care and supervision of the child in order to decrease dependence on BH technician services.
• Collaborates with treatment team members to best aid a given client in their goal areas and participates in critical multi-disciplinary Interagency (treatment) team meetings as requested or needed.
• Attends orientation and training sessions as required by Department of Human Services or Managed Care Organization regulation and CONCERN policy.
• Completes progress notes within 48 hours of the service that describe how a client responded to interventions during a given session along with preparing and submitting behavior tracking sheets from the lead clinician on the case.
• Participates in individual and/or group supervision according to the weekly schedule and as requested by Supervisor and provides Mental Health (In-home) services as determined by the program supervisor.
• Participates in all required monthly supervision as required by program policies.
$16.00/hour BHT I
$17.00/hour BHT II
$18.00/hour BHT III
$14.00/hour for training, supervision, and staff meetings
$7.50 for other admin time
Voluntary Vision/ Dental
Pay: $7.50 – $18.00 per hour
Before filling out the below form, please download and fill our Application Form PDF.
You can submit the application one of three ways:
- Download and fill in the attached Application Form PDF and upload here...
- Download and complete the application and mail to:
ATTN: HR Resumes
1 West Main Street
Fleetwood, PA 19522
- Download and complete the application and email it to