CONCERN is seeking Co-Responder for Mansfield, PA to provide services for Tioga County.
A Co-Responder works in conjunction with the Police Department specifically to support those identified as needing Mental Health and/or Drug and Alcohol services to divert them away from the criminal justice system or to decrease their length of incarceration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Co-Responder will act as a liaison and provide linkage between the criminal justice advisory board, the Court, Human Services, and Mental Health (MH) and Drug and Alcohol services. It will work to improve communication and coordination between and among human service providers, the criminal justice system and the larger community.
- The Co-Responder will gather all necessary data and assist in preparation of reports regarding client treatment for funder and other entities as needed and appropriate.
- The Co-Responder will conduct meetings, trainings and other activities for individuals referred to the co-responder program.
- The Co-Responder will interpret and instill the philosophy and goals of the Co-responder Program to law enforcement and community organizations, the general public, and workforce development professionals with focus on promoting and solidifying services to divert individuals from the criminal justice system. The Co-Responder will work to cultivate a culture of trauma informed care within and among these service systems.
- The Co-Responder will develop and foster relationships with volunteer groups, faith-based organizations, and service providers in order to enhance MH services.
- The Co-Responder will follow up with any request for services by the Police Department within one business day.
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience:
- A Master’s degree in human services/criminal justice preferred
- Three (3) years’ experience working in mental health systems and forensics
- A Bachelor’s degree in human services/criminal justice preferred
- Five (5) years’ experience working in mental health systems and forensics
Certification in Motivational Interviewing preferred.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team player, with ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are not qualified to apply for the opening.
Before filling out the below form, please download and fill our Application Form PDF.
You can submit the application one of three ways:
- Download and fill in the attached Application Form PDF and upload here...
- Download and complete the application and mail to:
ATTN: HR Resumes
1 West Main Street
Fleetwood, PA 19522
- Download and complete the application and email it to