CONCERN is seeking a supplemental Crisis intervention Specialist for our Towanda, PA office. Crisis Intervention Specialists determine the immediate safety needs of consumers contacting Crisis Intervention Services while providing appropriate interventions and resources to address the consumer’s current mental health needs. Crisis Intervention Specialists offer mobile, telephone, and walk-in services to consumers, 24 hours daily, 7 days per week, on an as needed basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- During clinic office hours: offer Crisis Intervention Services: telephonic, mobile, and walk-in, as needed and assigned.
- During non-operating hours of the clinic: participate in on call rotation, including nights, holidays, and weekends, in accordance with program expectations. Telephonic and/or Mobile Crisis Intervention responses are required during these time periods.
- Obtain and/or review initial intake/referral/payer information and document in Electronic Medical Record.
- Conduct follow-up calls (and subsequent documentation) to consumers of Crisis Intervention services as requested by Clinical Supervisor and in accordance with practice standards.
- Support, educate, and assist with training/mentoring other on-call staff responsible for working in the crisis program.
- Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings as requested by the Clinical Supervisor.
- Maintain proper documentation of all consumer related contacts, and ensure documentation is concise, timely, and congruent with practice standards for crisis service delivery.
Salary:This Position has 2 pay rates based on services provided
- Services provided in the office: $15/ Hour
- Services provide in the field : $25/ Hour
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent with 12 credit hours of college level work in the social work field or other, closely related human services field
Two or more years direct care experience in a human services serving system, with 1 year of mental health direct care experience
- Act 33, 73 and 34 clearances
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
If you do not meet these requirements, you are not qualified to apply for the opening.
Before filling out the below form, please download and fill our Application Form PDF.
You can submit the application one of three ways:
- Download and fill in the attached Application Form PDF and upload here...
- Download and complete the application and mail to:
ATTN: HR Resumes
1 West Main Street
Fleetwood, PA 19522
- Download and complete the application and email it to