Are you looking to encourage growth and promote positive healthy lives? CONCERN is a non-profit human services organization dedicated to providing child welfare, juvenile justice, and behavioral health services to children and their families. Since 1978, CONCERN has brought hope, offered opportunity, and inspired change in the communities that we serve.
CONCERN is seeking a Full Time Family Based Mental Health Case Manager to provide collaboration, consultation and case management across all systems using a systems approach treat children, adolescents and their families through an intensive, team delivered service providing to clients in the home and community which integrates mental health treatment, family support services and case management.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Nursing, Rehabilitation, Pre-Med, Theology, or Anthropology preferably licensed or ability to license.
• 1 Year direct care in a Child & Adolescent serving system.
• Act 33, 73 and 34 clearances
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Highly resourceful team player, with ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response.
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Implementing planned, one-on-one or joint family interventions to a child, adolescent, and family members at home, school, and community settings, as indicated in the identified client’s treatment plan.
2. Implement unplanned interventions as part of the on-call systems indicated in the treatment plan.
3. Supporting, re-educating and training parents and other adults responsible for the care and supervision of the child/adolescent in order to decrease dependence on FBMH team and to promote successful attainment of treatment goals.
4. Maintaining regular face to face contact with client and family and completing timely, as well as, proper documentation of all contacts.
5. Attending orientation and training sessions as required by DHS regulation and CONCERN policy.
6. Participating in individual and/or group supervision as requested by Supervisor and as required by DHS regulation.
7. Participating in the FBMH on-call system and being available for scheduled on-call dates.
8. Interview all clients’ families to assist with the development of treatment plans and goals.
9. Maintain regular communication with families and other service systems involved with the families.
10. Maintain client files in accordance with regulatory parameters and CONCERN policy.
11. Keep accurate documentation of and be able to communicate information regarding Admission and Discharge of clients.
12. Work in cooperation with all other staff from CONCERN and other agencies to establish a solid, professional approach to the strengths, needs, and challenges of each client on his/her caseload.
13. Communicate closely with supervisor regarding caseload activities.
14. Assist families on caseload with scheduling of appointments, researching alternatives and providing clinical advice.
15. Work closely with FBMH team leader on providing family and individual therapy.
16. Attending and participate in treatment team meetings, staff meetings and in-service meetings as necessary or as scheduled.
$20.00/hour for billable services
$14.00/hour for training, supervision, and staff meetings
$7.50 for other admin time
• Tuition Reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $7.50 – $20.00 per hour