Are you looking to encourage growth and promote positive healthy lives? CONCERN is a non-profit human services organization dedicated to providing child welfare, juvenile justice, and behavioral health services to children and their families. Since 1978, CONCERN has brought hope, offered opportunity, and inspired change in the communities that we serve.
CONCERN – Professional Services for Children, Youth, and Families is seeking a full-time caseworker; the position will combine work as a SWAN (Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network) Permanency Specialist and Community Based Program caseworker. _
The caseworker will complete SWAN services for families and children that include Child Profiles, Child Preparation services, Child Specific Recruitment services, adoptive Family Profiles, and Finalization services in Berks, Montgomery and Schuylkill counties, and surrounding counties.
*The Community Based Program (CBP) provides short-term, intensive, in-home services designed to reunite families whose children were removed from their care. This program aims to reduce the length of time a child is in out-of-home placement by strengthening the family unit, connecting families to community resources, and ensuring risk factors for placement have been eliminated. *
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree Human Services or Social Work (Required)
Preferred two years of Human Service experience.
Two years of SWAN experience (Required)
• Background Checks and Clearances are required.
• Candidate credentials must be in compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations.
• Candidate must be willing to obtain state & federal clearances including FBI/Fingerprinting, Childline & PATCH.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Travel is required for the position and mileage reimbursement is provided.
• The position offers the opportunity to work a moderately flexible schedule with a combination of virtual and in-person contacts with county workers, clients, or other entities as needed.
• This is a full-time position and may require some evening hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide court ordered Visit Coaching, Supervised Visitation, Casework Counseling, Nurturing Parenting, or Intensive Family Reunification services per county request to each assigned family enrolled in the Community Based Programs (CBP).
2. Schedule and meet with families on a regular basis, utilizing strength-based approaches with adherence to program descriptions of services to meet families’ needs.
3. Attend additional necessary outside provider meetings pursuant to assigned families including Family Group Decision Making meetings with Children and Youth and Court Hearings.
4. Timely completion of progress notes and reports in the electronic record system for each assigned family and maintain Cost and Time Log for SWAN services.
5. Transportation of clients and their families as necessary.
6. Develop and maintain liaison relationships with other Children and Youth agencies, school, vendors or professionals as necessary and appropriate for each family or SWAN unit assigned.
7. Attend supervision with supervisor as assigned and provide monthly written SWAN caseload updates to supervisors.
8. Attend new training and ongoing training as required. Stay abreast of all procedures, timelines, and responsibilities associated with SWAN.
9. Completion of Child Profiles, Child Preparation, Child Specific Recruitment, Placement, Family Profiles, and Adoption Finalization services as assigned within the required timelines.
10. Attend SWAN meetings, conferences, and matching events, as assigned.
11. Attend and testify at county judicial review hearings, as requested.
12. Prioritize work and develop and maintain procedures for organizing and completing
work and scheduling regular appointments.
13. Stay abreast of all laws and trends within the field of adoption.
14. Conduct and assist with adoption informational meetings as needed.
15. Lead the Permanency Module training, as needed.
16. Participate in both in-person and virtual monthly staff meetings.
Salary $35,000 – $45,000 DOE
• Health Savings Account
• Tuition Reimbursement
Before filling out the below form, please download and fill our Application Form PDF.
You can submit the application one of three ways:
- Download and fill in the attached Application Form PDF and upload here...
- Download and complete the application and mail to:
ATTN: HR Resumes
1 West Main Street
Fleetwood, PA 19522
- Download and complete the application and email it to