Are you looking to encourage growth and promote positive healthy lives? CONCERN is a non-profit human services organization dedicated to providing child welfare, juvenile justice, and behavioral health services to children and their families. Since 1978, CONCERN has brought hope, offered opportunity, and inspired change in the communities that we serve.
CONCERN, a private nonprofit, community-based child welfare agency is looking for a full time Payroll Specialist for its corporate headquarters in Fleetwood, PA. Reporting to the Accounting & Payroll Administrator the payroll Specialist ensures that the entire payroll process is effectively and efficiently handled on a timely basis. This includes answering related questions from employees.
Education and Experience
• Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
• Five (5) or more years of related experience and/or training
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Candidate credentials must be in compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations.
• Candidate must be willing to obtain state & federal clearances including FBI/Fingerprinting, Childline & PATCH.
• Possess advanced proficiency using “typical” office equipment including but not limited to personal computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers/scanners, and phones.
• Exhibit strong accounting skills and an in-depth knowledge of personal computer and software applications—experience with SAGE 100 preferred as well as MS Office.
• Effectively and clearly communicate verbally and non-verbally and function strongly as a team player.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Takes lead role in completing the bi-weekly payroll process within required timelines.
• Handles peripheral payroll tasks including, but not limited to, FSA, HSA, 401K, quarterly (e.g., Form 941) and annual reporting (e.g., W-2s).
• Participates in internal teams implementing new projects and electronic payroll systems, time & attendance and interfacing with the payroll system.
• Assists with other Business Office tasks as needed during non-crunch times in payroll.
$35,000 – $42,000
Dependent on experience (DOE)*
• Health Savings Account
• Tuition Reimbursement
Before filling out the below form, please download and fill our Application Form PDF.
You can submit the application one of three ways:
- Download and fill in the attached Application Form PDF and upload here...
- Download and complete the application and mail to:
ATTN: HR Resumes
1 West Main Street
Fleetwood, PA 19522
- Download and complete the application and email it to