Are you looking to encourage growth and promote positive healthy lives? CONCERN is a non-profit human services organization dedicated to providing child welfare, juvenile justice, and behavioral health services to children and their families. Since 1978, CONCERN has brought hope, offered opportunity, and inspired change in the communities that we serve.
CONCERN is looking to fill a full-time position of Caseworker in our Lanham, MD office. This position will be responsible for case management and support services for up to 10 youth. The caseworker will coordinate all services for the assigned youth; participate in all meetings pursuant to assigned client, complete all required documentation in a timely manner as necessary for each client, transport clients, develop and maintain liaison relationships with the placing agency, school and other professionals as necessary and appropriate for each client, meet with the youth and family on a regular basis and as assigned by supervisor, perform on-call and office day responsibilities as assigned and provide consultation and support for youth and family as well as crisis intervention as necessary.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Social Work (Required)
AND must be licensed in the state of Maryland.
Master’s level LGSW or LCSW-C Preferred
• Background Checks and Clearances as required.
• Candidate credentials must be in compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations.
• Candidate must be willing to obtain state & federal clearances including FBI/Fingerprinting, Criminal Background & Child Protective Services
• Excellent writing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to travel as needed.
• Must be able to do at least 2 evenings a week.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Case management/support services to each client/family assigned.
2. Participating in all meetings pursuant to assigned client/family.
3. Timely completion of record keeping/reporting responsibilities as necessary for each assigned client/family.
4. Transportation of clients as necessary.
5. Developing and maintaining liaison relationships with other agency, school or professionals as necessary and appropriate for each client/family assigned.
6. Meeting with client/family on a regular basis and as assigned by supervisor.
7. Meeting with supervisor on a regular basis as assigned.
8. Performing on-call and office day responsibilities as assigned.
9. Meeting with biological families of clients as assigned.
10. Providing consultation and support and being available for client/family crisis intervention as necessary.
11. Representing CONCERN at administrative/judicial reviews as necessary.
12. Communicating closely with all pertinent treatment team members.
13. Completing visit forms and arranging for drivers as necessary and appropriate.
14. Supervising visits as necessary and appropriate.
15. Attending training as required.
16. CONCERN reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Salary Range Dependent on experience (DOE)*
• Health Savings Account
• Tuition Reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
Before filling out the below form, please download and fill our Application Form PDF.
You can submit the application one of three ways:
- Download and fill in the attached Application Form PDF and upload here...
- Download and complete the application and mail to:
ATTN: HR Resumes
1 West Main Street
Fleetwood, PA 19522
- Download and complete the application and email it to