Are you looking to encourage growth and promote positive healthy lives? CONCERN is a non-profit human services organization dedicated to providing child welfare, juvenile justice, and behavioral health services to children and their families. Since 1978, CONCERN has brought hope, offered opportunity, and inspired change in the communities that we serve.
Concern is seeking Mobile Therapists for the Berks County and surrounding areas. This is a fee for service position. Reporting directly to the Clinical Supervisor, the Mobile Therapist (MT) provides a child or adolescent and his or her family with intensive therapeutic services in the home, school or elsewhere in the child’s community. Mobile Therapy sessions are prescribed and they follow a written treatment plan. Sessions may include the Mobile Therapist and the child, family members, child’s friends, school personnel, a community leader, physician, psychiatrist or a combination of these people. In some instances and depending on the regulations of the insurance company, behavioral health managed care organization (BHMCO), and Department of Human Services regulatory bulletins, the MT can meet with these individuals without the child present, as long as the service is indicated in the treatment plan, and is justified in the clinical course of treatment.
Education and Experience
· Masters Degree required in psychology, social work, counseling or related field;
· Must meet one of the following:
• Licensed in PA as a psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist or Clinical Social Worker (LCSW);
• Licensed in PA as a Social Worker (LSW) or Behavior Specialist (BSL) and have a graduate degree that required a clinical or mental health direct service practicum;
• At least 1 year of full time experience providing mental health direct services to children up to and including age 21, and a graduate degree with at least nine (9) credits specific to clinical practice in psychology, social work or counseling; or
• Completed a clinical or mental health direct service practicum and have a graduate degree with at least nine (9) credits specific to clinical practice in psychology, social work, education counseling or a related field.
• Proficiently uses “typical” office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, faxes, copier/scanners and phones along with having a basic skill level in a variety of software applications.
• Possesses a valid driver’s license and able to travel.
• Passes required background checks and clearances.
• Exhibits strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Displays excellent communication skills to include strength in interpersonal, written and verbal dealings along with the ability to build relationships.
• Demonstrates proactive approaches to problem-solving with a strong decision-making capability and a forward-looking thinking that actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
• Functions as a highly resourceful team player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Handles confidential information with discretion, adapts to various competing demands and offers the highest level of customer service and response.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
• *Services may be delivered in person or via telehealth during the national emergency.*
• Participates in a multi disciplinary treatment team and in the development of an individual psychosocial evaluation and remedy plan for each client on his/her caseload.
• Uses a written order and assessment to determine the therapy approach and ultimately develop a remedy for attending to children, youth and young adults with behavioral health needs sometimes compounded by developmental disorders who present with challenging behaviors.
• Monitors provision of services described in the treatment plan components and completes progress notes within 48 hours of the service.
• Provides mobile and face-to-face therapy for individuals, couples, families and groups in a competent, professional and confidential manner and according to the agreed upon treatment plan along with helping clients develop and implement aftercare ministrations.
• Meets with the Clinical Supervisor for supervision as assigned and participates in scheduled staff and in-service meetings.
• Works in conjunction with CONCERN Case Managers to implement treatment plans and individual program descriptions.
• Maintains a positive, professional relationship with all linkage and referral agencies.
• Attendance to staff meetings and supervision as required by program policies.
Salary Range $—- Dependent on experience (DOE)*
$37.00/hour licensed staff
$30.00/hour non-licensed staff
$14.00/hour for training, supervision, and staff meetings
$7.50 for other admin time
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $7.50 – $37.00 per hour
Before filling out the below form, please download and fill our Application Form PDF.
You can submit the application one of three ways:
- Download and fill in the attached Application Form PDF and upload here...
- Download and complete the application and mail to:
ATTN: HR Resumes
1 West Main Street
Fleetwood, PA 19522
- Download and complete the application and email it to