Are you looking to encourage growth and promote positive healthy lives? CONCERN is a non-profit human services organization dedicated to providing child welfare, juvenile justice, and behavioral health services to children and their families. Since 1978, CONCERN has brought hope, offered opportunity, and inspired change in the communities that we serve.
CONCERN is seeking a Part Time Mental Health Worker for the Child Partial Hospitalization Program located in the W. L. Miller Elementary School for grades K-6 in Mansfield, PA. The Mental Health Worker is responsible for implementing and maintaining scheduled activities, groups, therapy, and other activities each school day, as well as during the summer program.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a Human Services field
• 1 year of direct care experience in a Child and Adolescent serving system.
• Background Checks and Clearances as required.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to travel as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement planned group activities to children and/or adolescents at the Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) and/or other community based program or community setting as indicated in the treatment plan.
• Implement and maintain scheduled activities, groups, and various other activities.
• Provide psychotherapy for individual, couples, families, and groups in a competent, professional manner, according to the treatment plan.
• Attend critical multi-disciplinary team meetings as requested or needed.
• Maintain regular face to face contact with client and family and proper documentation of all contacts.
• Attend orientation and training sessions as required by DPW regulation and CONCERN policy.
• Participate in individual an/or group supervision as requested by Supervisor and as required by DPW regulation.
• Contact families to pass information, receive information, and keep updated.
• Maintain chronological report of case activity.
• Complete reports and progress notes in a timely and complete manner.
• Supply Clinical Supervisor with information regarding admission and discharge of clients.
• Work in cooperation with all other staff from CONCERN and other agencies to establish a solid, professional approach to the problems of each client on his/her caseload.
• Work in conjunction with Clinical Supervisor and classroom teachers to implement treatment plan and individual program activities.
• Schedule psychological/psychiatric appointments, including meeting authorization and meeting time frames established by managed care.
• Work professionally with any client he/she is assigned to and fulfill all case management duties in a complete and timely fashion.
• This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. CONCERN reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
• Voluntary Dental
• Voluntary Vision
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour