CONCERN is seeking a Supplemental Permanency Specialist for Bradford County area. A Permanency Specialist provides a broad range of services to children in need of permanency and to various types of permanency families. This position follows the SWAN Benchmarks to achieve identified objectives for each unit of service and provides support to identified children and families.
- $22.00/ hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staying abreast of all procedures, timelines, and responsibilities associated with the Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network (SWAN) services.
- The completion of Child Profiles, Child Preparation services, Child Specific Recruitment services, Family Profiles, Placement services, and/or Finalization services, as assigned by the supervisor; completing the services within the allotted timeframes and following the SWAN benchmarks and guidelines and agency procedures and policies.
- The recruitment of adoptive families and participation in CONCERN recruitment activities, as assigned.
- Conducting and assisting with adoption informational meetings with an interested family or families and possibly speaking to groups interested in learning about special-needs adoption.
- Being prepared to lead or co-lead adoption family preparation training (Adoption Module training) for adoptive families, as assigned.
- Complying with all agency training requirements.
- Transporting clients as appropriate and necessary.
- Remaining current of all laws, regulations, and trends within the field of adoption and permanency.
- Maintain a written chronological report of case activity for each assigned case.
- Complete SWAN cost and time tracking utility on the SWAN Portal for each assigned service.
- Attend SWAN Quarterly meetings and the SWAN conference, or other meetings or training as assigned.
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical discipline i.e. Social Work, Behavioral Science, Psychology.
- Two years or more experience in a social services related field serving children. Experience providing SWAN services preferred
- A thorough understanding of the child welfare system
- Act 33, 73 and 34 clearances
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are not qualified to apply for the opening.
Before filling out the below form, please download and fill our Application Form PDF.
You can submit the application one of three ways:
- Download and fill in the attached Application Form PDF and upload here...
- Download and complete the application and mail to:
ATTN: HR Resumes
1 West Main Street
Fleetwood, PA 19522
- Download and complete the application and email it to