Are you looking to encourage growth and promote positive healthy lives? CONCERN is a non-profit human services organization dedicated to providing child welfare, juvenile justice, and behavioral health services to children and their families. Since 1978, CONCERN has brought hope, offered opportunity, and inspired change in the communities that we serve.
CONCERN is seeking supplemental Crisis intervention Specialists for Tioga County in Pennsylvania. Crisis Intervention Specialists determine the immediate safety needs of consumers contacting Crisis Intervention Services while providing appropriate interventions and resources to address the consumer’s current mental health needs. Crisis Intervention Specialists offer mobile and telephone services to consumers, 24 hours daily, 7 days per week, on an as needed basis
Education and Requirements
• Have a Bachelor’s degree with major course work in Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology, Anthropology, Political Science, History, Criminal Justice, Theology, Nursing, Counseling, Education, or a related field
• Be a Registered Nurse
• Have a High School diploma or equivalency and 12 semester credit hours in Sociology, Social Welfare, Psychology, Gerontology, or other social science and 2 years of experience in public or private Human Services with 1 year of mental health direct care experience
• Be a consumer or a family member who has 1 year of experience as an advocate or leader in a consumer or family group and has a High School diploma or equivalency.
• Background Checks and Clearances as required.
· Candidate credentials must be in compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations.
· Candidate must be willing to obtain state & federal clearances including FBI/Fingerprinting, Childline & PATCH.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to travel as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provision of Crisis Intervention Services: telephone and mobile crisis as needed and assigned.
• During non-operating hours of the clinic: participate in on call rotation, including nights, holidays, and weekends, in accordance with program expectations. Telephone and/or Mobile Crisis Intervention responses are required during these time periods.
• Obtain and/or review initial intake/referral/payer information and document in Electronic Medical Record.
• Conduct follow-up calls to consumers of Crisis Intervention services as requested by Clinical Supervisor and in accordance with practice standards.
• Support, educate, and assist with training/mentoring other on-call staff responsible for working in the crisis program.
• Maintain proper documentation of all consumer related contacts, and ensure documentation is concise, timely, and congruent with practice standards for crisis service delivery.
This position has variable pay rates based on weekday/weekend per diem and services provided:
Weekday per diem: $20/$15/$5
Weekend day per diem: $40/$30
Telephone service delivery rate: $15/hour
Mobile service delivery rate: $25/hour plus $.52/mile portal to portal.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $25.00 per hour
Before filling out the below form, please download and fill our Application Form PDF.
You can submit the application one of three ways:
- Download and fill in the attached Application Form PDF and upload here...
- Download and complete the application and mail to:
ATTN: HR Resumes
1 West Main Street
Fleetwood, PA 19522
- Download and complete the application and email it to