Are you looking to encourage growth and promote positive healthy lives? CONCERN is a non-profit human services organization dedicated to providing child welfare, juvenile justice, and behavioral health services to children and their families. Since 1978, CONCERN has brought hope, offered opportunity, and inspired change in the communities that we serve.
CONCERN is seeking CONCERN is seeking a trustworthy individual to provide care for children with medical issues within CONCERN’s Medical Foster Care Program. Foster parents and medical professionals will provide specific training for the children’s conditions. Must be willing to take direction and guidance from the foster parents and be willing to interact well with all the children in the home.
Education and Experience
G.E.D. or High School Diploma
Experience caring for individuals with medical issues or a desire/willingness to learn
• Candidate credentials must be in compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations.
• Candidate must be willing to obtain state & federal clearances including FBI/Fingerprinting, Childline & PATCH.
• Background Checks and Clearances as required.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to travel as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervising all clients during scheduled work hours.
2. Following all written or verbal directives concerning the scheduled activities during a shift.
3. Addressing client’s positive and negative behavior in an appropriate manner.
4. Providing accurate written reports when required.
5. Assisting clients to participate in recreational activities.
6. Transporting clients as appropriate and necessary.
7. Providing housekeeping duties pursuant to agency policy.
8. Performing the duties normally assumed by the foster parents in their absence.
9. Attending all meetings and training sessions as required by the immediate supervisor.
10. Dispersing medication and documenting the disbursement of medication.
11. Performing various medically related procedures as required by each client (i.e., tube feeding, tracheal tube changes, etc.).
12. Performing various medically related procedures as required by each client, including clients known to have infectious diseases, using universal and/or all necessary cautions.
13. Preserving the confidentiality of information regarding clients.
14. Attending educational opportunities made available to become better informed about infectious diseases.
15. Communicating to foster parents behavioral and medical difficulties clients may have experienced during assigned work hours.
16. CONCERN reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Fixed rate $13.75 HR
Voluntary Dental and vision
Job Type: Part-time
Before filling out the below form, please download and fill our Application Form PDF.
You can submit the application one of three ways:
- Download and fill in the attached Application Form PDF and upload here...
- Download and complete the application and mail to:
ATTN: HR Resumes
1 West Main Street
Fleetwood, PA 19522
- Download and complete the application and email it to